Thursday 18 August 2011

Distractions and open toe fluffy mules....

When faced with something terrifying...focus on the trivial
This has been a method of mine and some of my female friends recently - whether climbing a mountain, treking to Asia or giving birth, distrations are the way to go.
So whilst most mothers are contemplating birth pools, vitamin K injections and their views on having a C section I am focusing on whether to take open toe slippers? Jersey nightie or button shirt? Candy lollys or melba toast? (what is melba toast?)

My approach to labour....
Let me add this is not because I am shallow but it is because the sheer level of what I am about to undertake can only be faced in small managable chunks punctuated with targets within my control. 
 
Summer may almost be over and the rain may be pouring but here are a list of the best ice cream parlours I have ever been to.....


No comments:

Post a Comment